After acceptance into a program, what is required?
- Complete a background check
- Complete and pass a Substance Abuse test
- Provide copy of CPR (American Heart Association)
- Provide copy of Health Insurance
- Complete required immunizations (HEP-B must be completed before acceptance)
*Further information regarding these requirements will be provided after you have been accepted and come in to fill out required paperwork.
Can I work while attending school?
We understand that many of our adult students need to work. However, being a full time student and having a full time job can be exhausting leaving little time for real study. It is important to understand that for every credit hour of study an additional 2 hours of preparation are expected. Example: A 3- credit lecture class over a 16 week semester equals 3 hours of class work per week plus an additional 6 hours of preparation.
Do you guarantee placement after graduation?
The Baptist Health System School of Health Professions through the Placement Officer and Academic departments provides information and assistance to students seeking employment. Employer inquiries and position information are made available to assist students in placement after graduation.
Graduation from the Baptist School of Health Professions San Antonio does not constitute a guarantee of employment. The school does not assume responsibility for a student’s ability to take and pass licensure examinations that may affect a student’s employability. No guarantee of wages or employability are made or implied by this institution.
Do you offer night programs?
The following programs are offered in an evening or evening /weekend flex class.
- Vocational Nursing
- Professional Nursing
Please call student services at (210) 297-9636 for the schedule of programs.
Do your credits transfer?
Baptist School of Health Professions does not guarantee transfer of credit to other institutions. Any transfer of credit is solely at the discretion of the receiving institution.
Do your programs offer a degree?
The Baptist Health System School of Health Professions is a degree granting institution.
Our programs that offer a degree are listed below:
- Associate of Applied Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Associate of Applied Science in Nursing
- Associate of Applied Science in Radiologic Technology
- Associate of Applied Science in Surgical Technology AAD
- Associate of Applied Science in Surgical Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
- RN to BSN Baccalaureate Completion Degree
- Masters of Science in Nursing
How can I better my chances to get into one of the programs?
- Because acceptance is based on Entrance test scores and GPA, you may retake the test or prerequisites for a higher score/grade.
- Ensure we have the all required documents by the deadline date.
- Make sure Student Services has your updated email address.
How do you select applicants for admission?
Admission is competitive, based on space availability, and decided by a ranking score. We do not have a waiting list approach to admission. Ranking scores are determined by taking into consideration such items as Entrance test score and, GPA of prerequisite courses.
What are the requirements for admission?
- Apply online
- Completion of designated prerequisite courses with no lower than a C, or a 2.0 on a 4.0 scale, at an approved college or university
- Completion of the Entrance Test (TEAS VI)
- Completion of Hep-B immunization
- For complete admissions detail please view the catalog pages 15-21. Catalog
What does Blended and Online mean?
Online Bachelors and Associate programs degree programs are for the most part offered completely online. Online Medical Imaging courses have all of the classroom courses offered online but also have clinical courses that will be completed at a hospital or imaging center local to the student. Applicants should verify with their Admissions Advisor whether a specific program has an on ground clinical component.
When are the admission deadlines?
Admission deadlines vary by program; please click the link below to view our admission deadlines.