Student Complaints

Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board

Overview: The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) adopted rules codified under Title 19 of the Texas Administrative Code, Sections 1.110 – 1.120, on October 25, 2012. The rules create a student complaint procedure to comply with the U.S. Department of Education’s “Program Integrity” regulations, which require each state to have a student complaint procedure in order for public and private higher education institutions to be eligible for federal Title IV funds. In December 2011, the Office of Attorney General of Texas issued an opinion stating that THECB has authority under Texas Education Code Section 61.031 to promulgate procedures for handling student complaints concerning higher education institutions.

How to submit a Student Complaint: After exhausting the institution's grievance/complaint process, current, former, and prospective students may initiate a complaint with THECB by sending the required forms either by electronic mail to, or by mail to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, Office of General Counsel, P.O. Box 12788, Austin, Texas 78711-2788. Facsimile transmissions of the forms are not accepted.

Link to Procedures and Forms

Texas Workforce Commission

Baptist School of Health Professions has a certificate of approval from Texas Workforce Commission (TWC).

Our School number is S2279.

The school’s programs are approved by the Texas Workforce Commission, other Texas state agencies and the school’s accrediting bodies which are listed on the Approvals/Accreditations page.

Students (those actively enrolled in courses of instruction) must address their concerns about the school or an educational program by following the grievance process outlined in the school’s catalog. If as a student you were not provided with this information, please inform school management.

Students dissatisfied by the school’s response to their complaint can file a formal complaint with the Texas Workforce Commission, as well as with other relevant agencies or accreditors, if applicable. Information on filing a complaint with Texas Workforce Commission can be found here.