Requirements to be completed before the program start date.
* Attention LVN and RN Applicants – A background investigation is required for all BSHP Vocational Nursing and Professional Nursing students prior to admission into the nursing program. For further details, click the link below. Students accepted to a program will be provided further details by their Admissions Advisor.
For more specific details please see the online catalog.
- Applicants accepted to a program are responsible for completing a criminal background check. *(Academic Catalog pg.15)
- Applicants accepted to a program are required to complete and pass a substance abuse test.
- Applicants accepted to a program will ensure all required immunizations are complete.
- Baptist Health System and the Texas Administrative Code, Title 25 Health Services, requires students enrolled in health-related courses that involve direct patient contact to be compliant with the following before they may engage in course activities:
- Hepatitis B - Please note: As of January 2012, documentation is required of a completed Hepatitis B vaccine series or serologic confirmation of immunity. (The series usually takes 6 months to complete)
- Measles - If born on or after January 1, 1957, serologic confirmation of immunity or documentation of two doses of a measles-containing vaccine administered since January 1, 1968.
- Mumps - If born on or after January 1, 1957, serologic confirmation of immunity or documentation of two doses of a mumps-containing vaccine.
- Rubella - All students must show serologic confirmation of immunity or documentation of one dose of a rubella-containing vaccine.
- Varicella - Documented history of disease, serologic confirmation of immunity, or documentation of two doses of varicella vaccine.
- Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis - Documentation of one dose of TDaP vaccine within prior ten years.
- Tuberculin Skin Test/PPD - Documentation of baseline TB test within three months of start and second TB test (Two Step method) if more than twelve months since prior TB test. If history of a previous positive skin test, documentation of a negative/normal chest x-ray during the preceding twelve months is required.
- Full immunization against influenza - to include the annual seasonal vaccine as well as any other vaccines designated by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, unless there exists a documented medical or religious contraindication.
- Other tests as required by laws or standards.
- As part of registration, accepted applicants and returning students will take their immunization records to Student Health Services and process with the Student Health Nurse. Immunizations/tests are available in Student Services. Cost of immunizations/tests is the applicant’s/returning student’s responsibility.
- Applicants accepted to the program must provide official college transcripts (if applicable to program requirements) and a copy of their high school Diploma/GED.
- Applicants accepted to a program must provide verification of current health care insurance. *(Carelink is acceptable)
- Applicants accepted to a program must provide a current CPR for Health Care Providers certification by the American Heart Association. (The American Red Cross is NOT acceptable)
- Applicants accepted to a program must be able complete and pass a background check.
- All new students will be required to attend scheduled student success orientation prior to starting classes.
- International F1 Visa students must clear with the International Advisor prior to starting classes.
- Applicants must be either a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident (Green Card), or an F1 International student in good standing.
- All VA qualified students must clear with the VA/Financial Aid Advisor before starting classes.