Requirements to be completed before the program start date.
* Attention LVN and RN Applicants – A background investigation is required for all BSHP Vocational Nursing and Professional Nursing students prior to admission into the nursing program. For further details, click the link below.
For more specific details please see the online catalog.
- Applicants accepted to a program are responsible for completing a criminal background check. *(Academic Catalog pg.15)
- Applicants accepted to a program are required to complete and pass a substance abuse test.
- Applicants accepted to a program will ensure all required immunizations are complete.
- Baptist Health System and the Texas Administrative Code, Title 25 Health Services, requires students enrolled in health-related courses that involve direct patient contact to be compliant with the following before they may engage in course activities:
- Hepatitis B - Please note: As of January 2012, documentation is required of a completed Hepatitis B vaccine series or serologic confirmation of immunity. (The series usually takes 6 months to complete)
- Measles - If born on or after January 1, 1957, serologic confirmation of immunity or documentation of two doses of a measles-containing vaccine administered since January 1, 1968.
- Mumps - If born on or after January 1, 1957, serologic confirmation of immunity or documentation of two doses of a mumps-containing vaccine.
- Rubella - All students must show serologic confirmation of immunity or documentation of one dose of a rubella-containing vaccine.
- Varicella - Documented history of disease, serologic confirmation of immunity, or documentation of two doses of varicella vaccine.
- Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis - Documentation of one dose of TDaP vaccine within prior ten years.
- Tuberculin Skin Test/PPD - Documentation of baseline TB test within three months of start and second TB test (Two Step method) if more than twelve months since prior TB test. If history of a previous positive skin test, documentation of a negative/normal chest x-ray during the preceding twelve months is required.
- Full immunization against influenza - to include the annual seasonal vaccine as well as any other vaccines designated by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, unless there exists a documented medical or religious contraindication.
- Other tests as required by laws or standards.
- As part of registration, accepted applicants and returning students will take their immunization records to Student Health Services and process with the Student Health Nurse. Immunizations/tests are available in Student Services. Cost of immunizations/tests is the applicant’s/returning student’s responsibility.
- Applicants accepted to the program must provide official college transcripts (if applicable to program requirements) and a copy of their high school Diploma/GED.
- Applicants accepted to a program must provide verification of current health care insurance. *(Carelink is acceptable)
- Applicants accepted to a program must provide a current CPR for Health Care Providers certification by the American Heart Association. (The American Red Cross is NOT acceptable)
- Applicants accepted to a program must be able complete and pass a background check.
- All new students will be required to attend scheduled student success orientation prior to starting classes.
- International F1 Visa students must clear with the International Advisor prior to starting classes.
- Applicants must be either a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident (Green Card), or an F1 International student in good standing.
- All VA qualified students must clear with the VA/Financial Aid Advisor before starting classes.