Students may be eligible for educational benefits offered through the Veterans Administration (VA). Benefits may be available to those eligible under one of the following:

  • VEAP (Chapter 32)
  • Non-Contributory VEAP (Section 903)
  • Veterans Vocation Rehabilitation Chapter 31
  • Veterans Chapter 35
  • Veterans Chapter 33 - Post 9/11
  • Montgomery GI Bill® - Active Duty Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 30)
  • Montgomery GI Bill® - Selective Reserve Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 1606)

Education benefits offered through the Veterans Administration are available to students in the following programs:

  • Associate of Applied Science in Nursing
  • Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
  • Computed Tomography (CT)
  • Diagnostic Medical Sonography - AAS
  • Radiologic Technology - AAS
  • Surgical Technology - AAS
  • Vocational Nursing

The Baptist School of Health Professions will complete the Certification of Enrollment within two weeks after each semester begins to facilitate VA payment AND provided that all official transcripts from all previous educational programs have been received. The Certification of Enrollment is submitted through the VA's Enrollment Manager portal. The School will notify the VA within 30 days if enrollment has ceased.

NOTE: In accordance with U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs regulations, be advised your course curriculum may require multiple certifications in a semester. This is due to the fact that some courses do not run the entire length of the 16-week semester and therefore must be submitted as separate certifications if the course is less than 16 weeks in length. Therefore, if your educational benefit provides a monthly Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH), your benefit will fluctuate from month to month during a semester as your enrollment may also fluctuate based on when your courses end and begin during a semester. Your monthly BAH will also fluctuate during the spring semester since we are required to report the spring break (beginning and ending) dates for those courses that overlap with the scheduled spring break.

The VA student is required to submit the following documents to the Financial Aid Office for VA certification no later than 2 weeks before school begins:

  • DD-214
  • Certificate of Eligibility (Chapter 30,33,35,1606)
  • Voucher from VOC Rehab Counselor (Chapter 31)
  • VA form 22-1990 - ONLY if this is the first time you have applied for and using your benefits
  • VA Form 22-1995 (Request for Change of Program or Place of Training) - ONLY if you have used your VA benefits at a different school
  • ALL military transcripts can be requested at (
  • US Air Force Veterans can request their military transcripts at (

Click HERE to create and/or access the VA eBenefits website.

If you have any questions regarding VA Benefits please Contact Us!

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).