Food & Drink
Please enjoy snacks and meals in the student commons area on the basement level of the school. Feel free to bring your lidded drinks within the library and study rooms. Due to possible harm to computers, drinks are not allowed in the computer lab area.
The Bruce A. Garrett Library is open to all students attending the School of Health Professions, Baptist Health System medical and clinical staff, and employees. Books may be checked out for two weeks. Items may be renewed once if no one has placed a hold on the item. EBooks are available for checkout for 3 day intervals. Fines are $0.25 per day for each book checked out past the return date. Cash fines must be paid to avoid academic holds which prohibit a student from registering for next semester or graduating at the end of their program. Fees will be assessed for lost or damaged materials.
Materials, such as donated textbooks, are placed on reserve by faculty members and library staff. In order to ensure availability for all students, reserve materials can be used within the library only. Multimedia items may be checked out by students to be viewed in the library. Please ask library staff for equipment and assistance.
Cell Phone Usage
Cell phone use within the library is discouraged. A quiet atmosphere will be maintained in the library to ensure a positive study/research experience.
Study Room Policy
- Rooms are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Group study room 304 accommodates one to four people.
- Group study rooms 302 and 303 are for collaborative group study for groups of 2 or more students.
- Walk up groups have priority over single users. The library reserves the right to move single users to the main library room to accommodate incoming groups.
- Drinks are allowed in the study rooms.
- No food is allowed in the study rooms.
Photocopying & Printing
Printing in the library computer lab costs $0.10 per side. Only debit/credit cards and PayPal are accepted.