Military & Veterans
Students may be eligible for educational benefits offered through the Veterans Administration (VA). Benefits may be available to those eligible under one of the following:
- VEAP (Chapter 32)
- Non-Contributory VEAP (Section 903)
- Veterans Vocation Rehabilitation Chapter 31
- Veterans Chapter 35
- Veterans Chapter 33 - Post 9/11
- Montgomery GI Bill® - Active Duty Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 30)
- Montgomery GI Bill® - Selective Reserve Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 1606)
Education benefits offered through the Veterans Administration are available to students in the following programs:
- Associate of Applied Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography - AAS
- Radiologic Technology - AAS
- Surgical Technology - AAS
- Vocational Nursing (Non-Air Force program only)
The Baptist School of Health Professions will complete the Certification of Enrollment prior to the first class day to facilitate VA payment AND provided that all official transcripts from all previous educational programs have been received. The Certification of Enrollment is submitted through the VA-ONCE computerized system. The School will notify the VA within 30 days if enrollment has ceased. The veteran will provide the school with a VA Form 22- 1990 if it's the first time applying for VA benefits or Form 22-1995 (change of program) if you're changing schools, changing your educational, professional, vocational goal.
NOTE: In accordance with U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs regulations, be advised your course curriculum may require multiple certifications in a semester. This is due to the fact that some courses do not run the entire length of the 16-week semester and therefore must be submitted as separate certifications if the course is less than 16 weeks in length. Therefore, if your educational benefit provides a monthly Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH), your benefit will fluctuate from month to month during a semester as your enrollment may also fluctuate based on when your courses end and begin during a semester. Your monthly BAH will also fluctuate during the spring semester since we are required to report the spring break (beginning and ending) dates for those courses that overlap with the scheduled spring break.
Required forms to submit for VA certification:
- Certificate of Eligibility (Chapter 30,33,35,1606)
- Voucher from VOC Rehab Counselor (Chapter 31)
- ALL military transcripts (can be requested at https://jst.doded.mil/smart/welcome.do)
- US Air Force Veterans can request their military transcripts at (http://www.credentials-inc.com/cgi-bin/dvcgitp.pgm?ALUMTRO012308)
If you have any questions regarding VA Benefits please Contact Us!
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.